Fire Restoration Procedures
Calling a professional restoration company is important after having a devastating fire in your home. Cleaning and restoration services will normally reduce the costs of a fire damage claim. An adjuster along with the restoration company will determine the scope of work and deciding to restore or replace your items. The most expensive option for the insurance adjuster is replacement, since the damaged item is disposed of and replaced with a new item. Another costly option is having to repaint, reupholstering furniture, or refinishing wood contents. Cleaning and restoration services are usually only a fraction of the cost of replacing. Our SERVPRO of S&E Stark County crews often can apply the principles and elements of cleaning to restore materials to preloss condition and lessen the loss expense of the fire claim.
Following are the basic principles of cleaning contents and structures to preloss condition.
- Locate smoke residues by carefully inspecting the affected area. The inspection will start near the source of the fire and trace how far smoke moved through the structure.
- Identify the type of residues. Different types of smoke residues can exist in the same loss environment. SERVPRO will select a cleaning method that will effectively remove the type of smoke residues present.
- Identify the type of surface. The type of surface determines which cleaning methods and products are safe to use on that surface. SERVPRO must be careful to preserve the material or surface being cleaned, and some materials may be unrestorable because they cannot withstand the cleaning process.
- Capture and remove residues. Smoke residues bond with surfaces they contact. SERVPRO uses dry and wet cleaning processes to release and carry residue particles away from the affected surface.
- Dispose of residues. SERVPRO will properly dispose of debris and cleaning waste.
To find out more about the techniques, chemicals and procedures that SERVPRO of S&E Stark County uses visit our website at www.SERVPROsoutheaststarkcounty.com. If you have had a fire and need a restoration company, call us today at 330-823-4088.