Halloween Fire Safety Tips
Boo! Are you ready for Halloween?
Here's are 7 prevention fire hazard safety tips to keep you safe during trick-or-treating!
- Use decorative lights instead of candles.
- If you use candles, never leave them unattended.
- Keep indoor candle decorations far away from curtains and other ignitable items.
- Keep outdoor candles and jack-o’-lanterns away from the path of trick or treaters. Costumes can be flammable.
- Check your costumes to ensure they are “flame-resistant.” Especially children’s costumes.
- If you have a party, check for cigarettes under furniture cushions and in areas where people were smoking before you go to sleep.
- Remove materials from your property, like garbage or leaves, which someone could purposely use to start a fire.
Halloween is a fun holiday and can be spooky time for kids. Please make sure it is a safe time for children to enjoy getting treats.
If you experience a fire damage to your home, please call the professional fire restoration company at SERVPRO of South & East Stark County to restore your home at 330-823-4088.