Fire, Water & Vandalism Home Insurance Claims
There are many different areas in your home that could cause water, fire or vandalism damage. Most homeowners carry insurance that will cover the cost to restore and rebuild a home after such a devastating event. Although, most water and fire damage can and should be avoided through proper maintenance.
Below is a list of hot-spots in each area of your home for insurance claims:
- Roof- water can seep in for months, creating mold.
- Laundry room- clean the dryer lint trap and air ducks to prevent fires.
- Bathroom Plumbing- check your plumbing regularly for leaks.
- Fireplace- have your chimney or wood stove cleaned annually.
- Kitchen- Take care to avoid cooking fires.
- Doors and windows- secured them to keep intruders out.
- Garage- too much clutter can increase the chance of a fire.
- Basement- inspect oil furnace yearly to avoid puff bags.
- Outdoors- make sure tree limbs are trimmed so they can’t damage your home.
If you experience a water, fire or vandalism damage to your home, the SERVPRO of South & East Stark County team follows industry standards to restore your property and peace of mind through timely mitigation and following the insurance standards. Our crews are highly trained to clean up and restore your home or building after a fire, water, vandalism damage. No job is to big for us! www.SERVPROsoutheaststarkcounty.com