Be Fire Safe During the 4th of July
With the Fourth of July coming up, it is a good time to learn about fire damage caused by fireworks and grilling. They both can pose risks to property, so following the below tips will ensure a safe holiday and a Happy 4th of July in Canton, Ohio:
- Always read directions first
- Always have an adult present
- Use fireworks outdoors only
- Light one at a time and keep a safe distance
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person
- Have a bucket of water and a hose handy
- Never carry fireworks in your pockets.
- Use gas and charcoal barbecue grills outside only
- Position grills far from siding, branches, and house eaves
- Keep children and pets a least three feet away
- Never added charcoal starter fluid when coals are ignited
- Always follow the instructions when using grills
- Supervise a barbecue grill when in use
Following the above tips will make for a safe celebration, however, if you do experience a fire disaster, SERVPRO of South and East Stark County is here to help. Just remember that fire damage can lead to many more problems where our SERVPRO services may be needed. If the fire department was called to put out the flames, then not only will you have fire, soot, and smoke damage, but you will need water cleanup and restoration services.
If you have fire damage to your home or business, please call the professionals at SERVPRO of Stark County at 330-823-4088. Our professional crews are available 24 hours a day – 7 days a week, even on holidays! Your property and belongings will be restored with care! SERVPRO of We wish everyone a very safe and Happy 4th of July!