Mold Damage Tips in Louisville, Ohio
Moisture control is the key to excessive mold growth. If there is a water damage in your home or office it is important to act quickly to clean-up and dry-out your structure and contents to prevent or limit the mold growth. Below are a few SERVPRO tips of what to do and what not to do if you find mold in your home or business.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact a SERVPRO Franchise Professional for mold remediation services.
What NOT to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Surface mold can seem like an easy cleanup, but there is more to neutralizing microbial growth than just wiping down the surface. Please contact SERVPRO of S&E Stark County if you find surface mold in your home or your office. Our crews will be there quickly with the proper equipment, materials and cleaners to make sure that we get your surfaces free of mold and any unhealthy levels of airborne spores.