Mold Removal Protective Gear
Wearing proper protective gear for removing mold is important to keep you safe. Touching and inhaling mold spores can trigger all sorts of health problems, including respiratory disorders, asthma attacks, infections like sinusitis and pneumonia, allergic reactions, fatigue, and painful inflammation of the joints. The process of cleaning up mold stirs up mold spores and increases the likelihood of mold-related illness. The proper protective gear is necessary in order to protect your health.
Personal Protection When Removing Mold
It is important to wear the following items when removing mold in homes and business.
- Tyvex coveralls with attached hood and booties.
- A disposable hair cover (if not wearing Tyvek coveralls with a hood)
- Disposable shoe coverings (if not wearing Tyvek coveralls with booties)
- A Respirator
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. After you call the team of SERVPRO of S&E Stark County the steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (330) 823-4088
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings